page contents Poetry With Pic: Tibet

Monday 28 October 2013

Tibet

Tibet

The mountains are always
Electrified my imagination
Like sentinels they stand protecting land
Keeping the secrets yet to come on light

Tibet ,the fabled land I want to meet you
The wisdom of past generations waiting to discover
Monks in the orange robes prostrating in the stillness
Counting the mala beads while reciting mantras

So peaceful , state of mind is clear like air
I wonder what they thinking bowed on cold ground
Embossing Love,Unity and Understanding
No harm be done to animals or people
Wish more of us would adapt such conduct
I do not talk about praying(is personal to everyone)
No ,is way we live permeating planet with a hate
The world is tumbling down under heftiness of our crimes

I seen Tibetan monks in Manhattan
The children of the mountains innocently smiled
Awed,bowed now before sky scrappers ,metal shepherds
Surprise,surprise I recon,the open mindedness ingrained in milk
Even when one was born and bred ,surrounded by
Wondrous titans in perpetual silence


by Margaret Gudkov

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comments